We often share baby showers with pink or blue themes to represent the gender of the baby. So what do you do when you don’t want to know the gender? Natalie, owner of award-winning confectionery and cake studio Déjà vu Sweets, did not want to know the gender of her baby, so she engaged a planner to create a something neutral and stylish. The planner, KeAira Chantell of KeAira Chantell Events was given full creative control, and created the most amazing Safari themed baby shower for Natalie to welcome her 3rd child to her “tribe.”
The stylish and unisex color palette included black and white with accents of copper and an abundance of greenery. Tablescapes were decorated with safari printed menus and miniature safari animals.
- The black and gold metallic cake with vanilla and raspberry flavors was designed and baked by the expectant mom, Natalie, owner of award-winning confectionery studio Déjà vu Sweets.
- The event included a fun signature drink named “Jungle Juice.”
- Guests parted with favors also created by Natalie, which included a dessert box with cakesicles, brownies, and popcorn.
- “Animal Pregnancy” – Guests had to match the animal with the correct number of months of gestation days.
- Guessing Game – Guests had to guess the number of crackers in a jar.
Thanks to Natalie and KeAira for sharing this fun baby shower with us! Get to know the all-star black-owned businesses below that were a part of making this baby shower amazing.
- Event Planning + Design: KeAira Chantell Events | @keairachantellevents
- Photography: Imagery by Jules Photography | @imagerybyjulesphotography
- Floral Design: The Simon Design | @thesimondesign
- Stationery: Papered Wonders | @paperedwonders
- Catering: Sensory Delights Catering | @sensorydelightscatering
- Cake + Desserts: Déjà Vu Sweets | @dejavusweets
- Acrylic Cake Topper, Placecards, Drink Stirrers: Ten23 Designs | @ten23designs
- Backdrop: Elf’s Prop Shop | @elfspropshop
- Lighting + Column Draping: Just By Design | @justbydesign